View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #34
jabberwock_11
Addict
jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jabberwock_11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Aluratek Libre Pro
My solution was essentially the same as the one I was looking for. As it has been stated, when you read online the file is still downloaded into a cache file. The difference is the whole library is not on the device, but is still accessible and organized AND the cache file is regularly cleaned out via the cloud service and by my settings.

What most people were saying wasn't 'in extremely remote and undeveloped areas there is little connectivity' it was 'connectivity in general is tentative, so to rely on it for anything is stupid.' My contention was that not only is connectivity nearly universal, but it is also commonly used by folks for other services such as Netflix and Pandora, so what's so off about using it for books as well? By your reasoning kennyc, since cell phone service is not universally available every where then relying on cell phones for communication purposes is foolish. I could make the same argument about electricity, TV service, and any form of connectivity that relies on networking or infrastructures that can fail or that is not available on every corner of the Earth.

Last edited by jabberwock_11; 11-30-2012 at 11:54 AM.
jabberwock_11 is offline   Reply With Quote