View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #17
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
The reason there is a sub-forum for the Kindle Fire is because it's not really an e-reader, it's a pretty different beast to every other Kindle model.

Have a look at the other e-reader forums on this website - Sony, Kobo, Bookeen, look at any of them. They are all the same, they don't have different sub-forums for the different models, they make do with thread prefixes (I'm not sure why the Kindle forum is the exception?).

When this topic was raised recently I think the point was made that a lot of the questions asked relate to more than just the Kindle Touch, so there's no need for sub-forums, which is a fair point. I'd personally prefer there to be prefixes but I think having sub-forums for each and every model would just make it very splintered.

Oh and as for people not using the prefix, it'd hardly be the end of the world would it?! :-)
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote