Thread: Kobo Vox
View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 08:37 PM   #9
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by some1else View Post
*****If you load the Aldiko reader you could use the Calibre server to load your books wirelessly and then move them to your Kobo app if you prefer to read them there ****

I'm not sure what that means, but I'll google Aldiko and go from there. Nothing to lose, I've already spent 2 days trying to get this Vox to work. :-(
Here's the basics...
Set up Calibre as a catalogue in Aldiko and use the Calibre server to download to the Vox wirelessly. Name the catalogue whatever you want (I always use "Calibre" for this source) and then enter the catalogue url.
Use this format for the URL: http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx:80xx
192.168.1.xxx is the IP address
80xx is for the port Calibre uses (usually 8080), you can check that in the Calibre preferences in the Sharing over the Net menu.

Works for me every time I want to load a book. Apparently you can move the book to the Kobo app if you prefer to read on that one. I haven't tried that, someone else has posted the process in another thread.
In the Aldiko settings you can set up your Adobe Digital Editions id so that you can open any DRMd books that you had in Calibre. To get there tap on the Vox's Home button (the middle icon on the bottom of the screen) from within the Aldiko Catalogue menu.

Last edited by Cdesja5; 01-27-2012 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Add ADE info
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote