View Single Post
Old 03-19-2008, 09:52 PM   #8
hidari
MR Drone
hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hidari ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360+, Huawei MP5, Libra H20
Nokia tablet appears to be the best option sine you require PDF reading. However, I would say dump that requirement. Most PDFs can be converted easily to other formats.

Otherwise you will have time finding the perfect device. Most ereading devices dont work well with PDF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GozerTC View Post
Hey guys,

I know I know, ANOTHER thread looking for help choosing. Sorry, but I prefer to bow to the experts whenever possible.

So here's the features I need:

1. Be able to read in the dark. eInk is cool, but I'm not spending $200+ on something I can't read in the dark. If I wanted book lights I'd read normal books.

2. Be able to read PDF's. I read everything from RPG manuals to webcomic PDF's and of course regular books.

3. Be Mac friendly. My current "reader" is my Macbook Pro. I can go through the trouble of converting pretty much any format (I can dual boot so I have windows too) so if the reader can just hook up and act as a HD that'd be great. (Or just read SD cards simply or what have you)

That's pretty much it. If there's an eInk reader with a light that'd be cool, but until then I'm perfectly fine with backlit LCD's. Oh, and I'm not really a PDA user. Sure if there's a cheapie PDA that fits the bill I might get it, but I've had a PDA before but I never really used it. Anything a PDA does I do with my phone or Laptop so it'd be superferlous.

Thanks in Advance!
hidari is offline   Reply With Quote