View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 06:12 PM   #3
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
If you're trying to get the series to display on the Kindle's home page then you need to use a Plug Board.

I transfer all of my books to my Kindle manually. I don't use Calibre as a library manager, only as a converter. I use "Save to Disk" to export my converted books to a holding folder which is later copied to my Kindle a some convenient time. I use a Save Template to format the filename and it does prepend the series data. The filename isn't displayed on the Kindle.

To have the series show on my Kindle I use a Plugboard, actually two. Both use the same Source Template. They are:
format: mobi
device: "FOLDER_DEVICE" on one and "save_to_disk" on the other
source template: {series:|| }{series_index:0>2s|[|] - }{title}
destination field: title

These embed the series info into the title which is displayed on the Kindle's Home screen. I prefer the series listed first followed by the actual title. That was all members of the series are listed togethern and sorted in order when sorted by title.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote