View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #11
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Book Depository View Post
I would love to know how everyone decides how they buy their eBooks regardless of being free or paid for.

A few questions:
  • When buying/searching for eBooks do you search by format or by eReader?
  • Do you know what format/s your eReader can read when searching or do you expect all eBooks to be read by your eReader?
  • Before you bought your eReader did you know about software to convert a format to your eReaders format? If you didn't would you have liked to have been informed by the retailer?

Thanks
eReader is a format. So searching by format or eReader is the same thing.

What I do when I am looking for eBooks is to search for what's available or something specific. Then I'll see what formats the eBook is available in and if it's one of the three I can deal with and the price is not too high, I'll buy.

I search for ePub first, MS Reader second, and Mobipocket third. I liberate the format from ePub and fix it up as I want and with the others, I liberate the DRM and then convert to ePub and sort it out and voila done.

Before I bought my first Reader, I did have a look on MobileRead and I did see Book Designer and libprs500. So I know I was able to convert some content to LRF to then be able to read. I was able to strip the DRM from MS Reader format and convert fairly easily. So I did have a good enough supply of eBooks.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote