View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 05:35 AM   #9
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Basically this will not change matters. As soon as a new scheme will be developed, the readers must change their software. If Adobe and B&N create something new, you can bet your life that Sony and others will not be supporting that. B&N will not let them, because it means they can sell less nooks or the successor.

Actually, the scheme B&N is using now is already a collaboration between Adobe and B&N.

All this will do, is divide the market more with device-only books. I personally feel that there is to many of that already. I hate it when I cannot buy books anymore at Amazon because they only support their Kindle.

Open non-DRM books are the way. If one is interested in the book, they will buy it. If someone wants to pirate it, DRM is not going to stop them. Not as long as there are scanners and darknet. In short, DRM costs more money than it generates.

I will not buy an e-book from which I cannot strip DRM. If I buy it, I want to be able to use it as I like and read it when and where I would like. DRM is silly.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote