View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 11:34 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by troymc View Post
Ok, I'm still not sure how Sigil (or is it Tidy?) handles xhtml/css errors. It would appear that when an error is found, the buffer is replaced with the HTML of an error page. But what happens to background, non-viewed pages which contain the error (it was a global s&r)? They are never opened, and so never rendered. Are they somehow run thru Tidy and "fixed"?

I made a typo in a search/replace of a style parameter and now 85 chapters of verse have been reduced to this:
Code:
<body>
  <p>/* 
<![CDATA[*/

/*]]>
 */</p>
</body>
I know, I know. It's not enough to save to disk. I should be making backups or using source control.

3 weeks of editing gone - I have a headache.

Troy
If that happens, BAIL OUT (Quit-- DISCARD)

Frequent saves of the last "almost there" version, before any global S + R is a good idea.

I believe that Valloric already has multiple "temp saves" on the to do list.

and, Yes, I really hate it when Tidy (or whatever) fixes a "Typo" that way.
Can't it "Ask" before it deletes content?

Last edited by theducks; 07-07-2010 at 11:35 AM. Reason: typo
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote