View Single Post
Old 06-26-2010, 06:30 PM   #32
findjon
findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.findjon can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Kindle
It seems I have offended some non-Kindle users. It was not intentional. If you were offended, I apologize.

The reason I'm focusing on Kindle is relatively simple. The $5 Amazon gift card is an experiment. Kindle has, by far, the largest market share for e-readers. With Kindle, I can keep my arms around this experiment.

This experiment started because Amazon made it easy for authors to publish on Kindle. I put it up there to see what would happen. (I tried to put it up at Sony, but at the time they would accept books only from qualified publishers, which I'm not.)

I'm adding a little marketing as I go along. This offer is part of that effort. The results? Too early to tell, except for some of the anger I caused.

So, if you've got a Kindle, here's the offer:

I would like you to read my novel Red Chaser. I’ll provide a free copy.

RED CHASER is a noir thriller of the 1950s, the Cold War and the Brooklyn Dodgers. (There are 34 reviews of it on Amazon.com: 18 5-star ratings, 15 4-stars, one 3-star).

If you want to read it for free (and you get a buck*), just email me at findjon@msn.com and say, “I’d like to read Red Chaser.” I'll have Amazon email you the gift card for Red Chaser.

* Red Chaser is a Kindle book. I'll have Amazon email you a gift certificate. The smallest gift certificate at Amazon is $5, so after you download Red Chaser for $3.99, you'll have a buck in change. Spend it wisely!

Jon Spoelstra
findjon@msn.com