View Single Post
Old 06-24-2010, 01:23 PM   #97
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
No problem, here goes (it may not be completely accurate):

Sans_Regular.ttf: Used in the Settings & Experimental page for the explanation texts. Also for the dictionnary/note popups.
Sans_Bold.ttf: Used in the menus, in the top & bottom panel, and as the collection title when browsing a collection, and the inline text in the book & collection browsers (ie. the 'delete this item' stuff & co)
Sans_Italic.ttf: May be used alongside Sans_Regular or Sans_Bold somewhere ^^
Sans_BoldItalic.ttf: Used in the book list, for the collection names

Serif_*.ttf: Used in the reader, that's the font family your books will be rendered with.
Serif_Bold.ttf: Used in the book & collection browser for the book title & author. (NOTE: For these purposes, Serif_Regular is used instead on FW 3.x)

Mono_*.ttf: AFAICT, nowehere except in the browser, but I may be mistaken. (Might be used in the reader when you're feeding it a raw txt file or some raw html files, depending on styling).

And since v3.8.N, on FW 3.x:

CJK.ttf: Used for Chinese/Japanese/Korean scripts.
I18N.ttf: Last fallback for non-latin & non-cjk scripts.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 09-09-2011 at 10:12 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote