View Single Post
Old 06-18-2010, 11:35 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
When you say AdobeViewer crashes and it won't open again, are you talking about the same book or a different one?
I had a similar experience with the June 14 15.2; a book I converted via calibre from HTML crashed the AdobeViewer. When I tried to re-open it, nothing happened. I opened a *different* book (no reboot) and all was well.
Oddly enough, at the time, I created two books in calibre.
Both started in MS Word; one I saved as HTML the other as a LIT.
The LIT one, when converted to ePub worked fine to the end; the HTML one loaded abnormally fast and crashed when trying to get past the cover.
(The cover isn't a 3:4 aspect ratio image so that's something else I need to look into.)

The point about the Themes is interesting; I live in FIVE and except for the one file, 15.2 is stable. I'll try going to DEFAULT and see if it makes a difference.
Nope. No change.
Of course, the problem file works flawlessly in FBReader, giving the lie to my observation that Calibre unduly favors Adobe's interpretation of ePubs.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote