View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 12:07 PM   #32
agravier
agravier began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360, if I can find one...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
The coloumn mode is avail when u hit "ok" while in the document. The little menu shows two coloumns among the other menu settings, with two arrows and the number 2 underneath. When u move the curser to that mode u can change the number of cloumns with the up down selection.

I think u missunderstood the PDF capability of the reader. Ur scans ar plain graphic embedded in a PDF. Or do u convert it with a OCR to Text ?
If not then there is no coloumn selection as well as a mostly white "Picture".
I think when u zoom in there are maybe some letters visible.
Hi, thanks for you reply. I think I didn't explain my problems clearly.
They are separate issues.
For the column mode, I'm talking about a zoom option that lets one read the text column by column, zooming in the column to match screen width and jumping from the end of one column to the beginning of the second in the same page. What I have when viewing a PDF with two text columns ( such as http://www.nature.com/nature/journal...ature09146.pdf in the following example ) is:

None of these options lets me follow the columns as logical entities, and I don't see any OK button. Which OK button are you referring to?

For the second issue, it's that magazines bought online (in that case newsweek polska) are pictures inside PDF, and they display well on the computer but not on the device (blank screen, no it's not zoomed in). I think I actually just figured out what is different about these PDF: they are copy-protected (you can view them but need some password to extract images or print them). Maybe the PB reader software can't handle that?
agravier is offline   Reply With Quote