View Single Post
Old 06-16-2010, 07:50 AM   #1
VivianJ5
VivianJ5 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, IRex DR800S
Question My DR800S skips pages with flip bar and stylus!!

Hi all,

I've had a Sony PRS-505 for over a year now, and love it, but have just moved on to the IREX DR800S (yes, I currently live in Europe!). I downloaded the new software, and all seemed to be working fine.

BUT, when I go to turn a page (mainly in EPUB) with both the flip bar, or the stylus, it skips ahead a page. I think I understand what is happening: with the "medium" font (need for my middle-aged eyes!), the "book" page usually spreads over two pages of the reader screen. The ereader turn jumps ahead to the next "book" page, and skips right over the second screen of the previous "book" page. I hope I'm making sense.

For example, if I'm reading page 130 of the book, the flip bar will go straight to page 131, instead of the second screen of page 130. I can access the second screen of the previous page by then pushing the flip-bar to the left, but this means I must 1) push the bar to the right once, 2) push the bar to the left once, and then 3) wait for the "wait" screen (with flashing green) to clear (usually between 3-5 seconds). (In PDF, usually goes to the page continuation, but the "Please wait" screen can take a long time...). In books where the book pages are small (one screen each), it doesn't skip pages, but the "please wait" box appears almost every turn. Ugh!!

REALLY annoying, as you can imagine, especially since this didn't happen in the Sony, and since I purchased the IREX specifically to have fewer page turns. If anyone has any ideas what I can do, or if this has already been discussed (I looked but didn't find anything), I'd appreciate it!

Thanks,
Vivian
VivianJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote