View Single Post
Old 06-13-2010, 10:23 PM   #32
mtnmedic
Enthusiast
mtnmedic has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: iPad 64GB WiFi + 3G, Astak EZ Reader
Yeah, it's a debacle, that's for sure.

I'm not happy with the fact that the local store wouldn't let me just buy one, even after I told them I am a computer repair technician who knows where to get the required update from and how to install it. A sale would've been made there and then. Sheesh.

But what's worse is the fact that they CANCELED my phone order rather than simply notify me of an additional delay. Most companies don't consider canceling an order until they discuss it with the customer first. Some customers are pretty patient. I can see canceling the order if they know for fact they're never again getting the product because it's been discontinued by the manufacturer. But they know they're selling the Novel when it's "ready". So what they did by canceling the already-placed order hints to me that they are trying to get out from under the sales price commitments made in the on-line and phone orders. I could be wrong, but it sure smells that way.

A few days after I'd placed my order over the phone, I called a Kohl's store (the nearest being an hour south of where I live) to see if they had any in stock. They had eight and put one on hold (rain check) for me because of the update situation. I've checked in a couple of times and still, they said, no Pandigital techs have come by to update the devices but that I would be notified as soon as they showed up. I would be getting it for 30% off signing up for a Kohl's card or 20% off without, plus a $5 gift discount card plus the $15 mail in rebate-which they said they would honor, regardless of the current submission time frame, given the current problem.

I'll be calling the store again tomorrow morning. Hopefully in the meantime Kohl's will respond favourably to my rather terse email response.

Last edited by mtnmedic; 06-13-2010 at 10:26 PM.
mtnmedic is offline   Reply With Quote