View Single Post
Old 06-12-2010, 02:00 PM   #1
GBowen
GBowen began at the beginning.

Device: PS550
ComicBookLover for iPad

This has turned up on the app store. As it is free I pulled it down. It supports transfer through iTunes but I am on Ubuntu at present so transferred the 1st 2 Hellboy comics over via FTP (don't ask where they came from).

The 50 Mb or so transferred in around 3 mins. ComicBookLover does a fairly good job of focussing in on the frames when double tapped. It allows rotation of pages but I could not (yet) get it to zoom in on pages without any frames. Theses include the authors puff and rational at the beginning of the comic.

I have been using Cloudreader, from a few minutes reading ComicBookLover seems a better app with more features and cleaner page turns. Comics can be tagged like music files but I guess that I will need to fire up iTunes for that.

Hellboy is a small format comic with colour and little text so is a good format for the iPad. I have yet to try out this reader with A4 format comics such as 2000AD. Works such as Halo Jones or Nemesis the Warlock have a good deal more words per frame than Hellboy so may not work so well on the iPad. I have been getting by with reading these on Cloudreader
GBowen is offline   Reply With Quote