View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 04:57 PM   #42
Spiffy
Groupie
Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Spiffy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pro AND Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
Spiffy, I'm a minimalist. If it doesn't need to be there, it's not. So I typically don't have more than half a dozen books on a reader at any one time. Of course, I don't actually own a portable ebook reader yet, since I do the majority of my reading via Calibre, but when I do finally get my reader (it'll be an astak), I figure to plunk a few books each onto my sd cards and just swap as needed.
Well, I guess. But considering an 8GB SD card can hold like... ten thousand e-books, that's a bit of a bass ackwards way to do it, in my opinion. If it works for you, then that's great though. Not that most people will have ten thousand ebooks, but its kind of the principle of the thing. Project Gutenberg is 32,000 titles, for example, but I bet no particular person out there would want to read more than 1000 of those.
Spiffy is offline   Reply With Quote