View Single Post
Old 06-11-2010, 03:35 AM   #3
redhead231
Enthusiast
redhead231 doesn't litterredhead231 doesn't litter

Device: PRS 505
I bought my charger from E Bay for my 505, its fine, m,uch better than leaving it for hours on the computer.

Will your sister not want her own library? I am not sure either, about whether Calibre will work for both EReaders, someone more knowledgable than me, will answer that one.
Take a look at Smashwords & Feedbooks, you will find a whole wealth of free books there, as well as Indie authors who write some terrific books. You will find the prices good as well & best of all, they are not DRMd, so fully portable.
I have not used Smiths or Waterstones yet, but think you will have to load them into Sony/Adobe, because thats how they work, but they can be transfered into Calibre, once downloaded to Sony/ Digital Ediitons. Remember though, these books cannot be transfered to another reader as they have DRM on them. In other words, you can read them, but no one else can unless they borrow your Reader.
I have had my Reader since the end of April & have some 75 books, of which I have bought 6 (4 with a book token) & 2 that were recommended from this site & you will be amazed at how much reading material is out there on the web, without resorting to the likes of Smiths & Waterstones.
There is life outside of Amazon, Smiths & Waterstones, for us in UK, who are more restricted than those in the US.
Have a play & most of all ENJOY!
redhead231 is offline   Reply With Quote