View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 02:32 PM   #8
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrodod View Post
I can't seem to extract any of these files. I keep getting corrupt CRC messages from 7-zip.

I tried uncompressing each of them individually, and copying the compressed file parts together first, then uncompressing (both with and without the /b switch under windows -- /b helps, but it's not quite there).

Any hints?

Thanks

Phrodod
They're not ZIP files, they're RAR files. Like ZIP it produces a compressed file. I have found RAR to have better compression than ZIP, be more reliable, and operate faster.

First you need a RAR extract program like WINRAR, download and install. Then download the files you want (take all parts.) Next, highlight both downloaded files and right click on your mouse. Select the "Extract here ..." option and the program will automatically extract the single file contained in the two RAR archives.

Since the book exceeded the limits set for LRF files to be directly uploaded here, it was compressed. Even the compressed file exceeded the limits so it was split between two files.

If you have any trouble with this, post again and I will put up the files in ZIP format for you.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote