View Single Post
Old 06-09-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
tehKitten
Enthusiast
tehKitten will become famous soon enoughtehKitten will become famous soon enoughtehKitten will become famous soon enoughtehKitten will become famous soon enoughtehKitten will become famous soon enoughtehKitten will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Manga you buy in Europa and USA is overpriced, and cencored. Sometimes they flop it, what makes me go mad.
I'm at the moment in the fansub and scanlation corner of teh intrawebs, and do some fansubbing myself (the timing) and the thing is, people love it. For companies who translate, translating and releasing is just a job, but with fansubs and scanlations, you can see the love from people for it. Hours of work on one episode. Days of work on a scanlation, it's beautiful if you know all the efford people put in it. And then, companies 'kill' the people who love it, the people who but it, the people who 'advertise' for them, because they are worried if some girl or boy downloads a manga instead of buying their overpriced ones.

One manga is about 400¥, that's about $4. But then if I want to but it here, it's about $10 or $11. It's just insane how high the prices are. I bought manga's till I found out the prices is Japan.
tehKitten is offline   Reply With Quote