View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 07:45 PM   #50
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
I downloaded and installed 7.0 yesterday. Didn't notice much beyond cosmetic differences. Then I read the blurb on the changes. Whoa! I likes it! I especially LOVE the user defined columns. I'm going to have a field day with that one.

One thing I noticed in the video (I only saw part of it; it stalled a few minutes in) was the custom column Kovid created was for books that were read and used the yes/no feature. I had been using the ratings column for that but I used 1 star for unread and no star for read since most of my books will have been read before I put them into calibre. So, since the system worked so well, when I made my own column (before I saw the video), I used the star system (I found it easier to read; a single star setting all by its lonesome sticks right out) and called the column Unread. Then I noticed in this thread people were also creating Read as opposed to Unread. Just a curious observation.

I like the splash screen. I even requested something like that a few days ago so I could tell if calibre had responded to my trying to open it. Funny thing is, calibre opens so fast now, I barely get to see it (this is a good thing, btw). Eventually, my book collection will grow enough to make the splash screen very desireable.

Thanks to those responsible for 7.0. Keep up the good work.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote