View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 07:05 PM   #44
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
Dixie, nobody is suggesting doing away with book ads. My suggestion was a new forum section specifically for those book ads -- how about calling it the Book Fair? -- so that people like you (and me, once I've got my TBR list read down a bit) can find them.
While I like the name "Book Fair," I think I'd rather it were something boring like "Promote Your eBook."

The idea is to create a place for posts by authors who *aren't* going to read the forum rules and get an idea of the community standards before putting down an ad. (And I don't mind the ads--I just don't want them overwhelming the conversations.)

I suppose it could be named Book Fair (eBook Fair?) if the mods are content to move threads out of Deals & Freebies and Writer's Corner when they show up in those forums. Fora. Forii. Whatever.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote