View Single Post
Old 06-04-2010, 10:54 AM   #28
pphilipp
Addict
pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.pphilipp can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Apple iPad 3 (I have owned many other tablets)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katelyn View Post
my M001 (now living in a drawer gathering dust)
Katelyn... take that M001 out of the drawer and list it on Craigslist!! That's what I did.

Android is one hot item right now. Everyone seems to desire it, whether justified or not. (I personally am NOT a big fan of it). It's a fantastic time to sell your Eken!!

I waited weeks for my Eken to arrive, but once it did, the honeymoon ended. I followed the Slatedroid forum daily and updated the firmware, and all the mods being made. But I realized that no matter how many software updates are made, when it's all said and done, I still would have a very limited, cheap device that would never be able to deliver what I needed.

One week ago I listed it on my local Craigslist (for more than what I had paid). Never before have I received such a quick response and I sold it within an hour. If I had a dozen of them I could have sold all in a couple of days. Seems that people are all caught-up in the media hype about Android and they really aren't seeing the whole picture... if it has Android, it has to be good! (sure, right)

But another thing people aren't really aware of at this point in time... even though there's supposedly over 50,000 apps available for Android, there's really not very many good, quality apps available for a device such as the Eken. With the type of apps I desire, the one's which worked on the Eken gave me deja-vu that I had gone back 10 or 15 years in computer-land.

Again, I say sell. LOL
pphilipp is offline   Reply With Quote