View Single Post
Old 05-21-2010, 12:11 PM   #6
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
Basic research is important and must be funded. The issues we face with healthcare, food, energy, environment are primarily a result of over-population. If that one issue were addressed we'd all be better off.
Death penalty for parking violations!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I agree 100%, Kenny.
Seconded!!

Also, even if you could get everyone to drop what they were doing and focus on one thing, how much redundant research would be done? I'm saying there isn't now, but there would be significantly more if someone were to start dictating the focus of global research efforts.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say it wouldn't work at all. You have to consider people likes and interests as well, that is why the variety and options present today allow more people to focus on the things that interest them instead of being forced to study something that they don't care about.
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote