Thread: Battery life!
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2010, 02:29 PM   #64
corona
Addict
corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.corona knows what's going on.

Device: kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
...it can last two weeks, sure, but it won't be anywhere near 8000 pages since you also have all the battery drains I mentioned coming into the equation.
I think you're right, Stinger, on all of this (including your somewhat unflattering comments about marketers!). Still, why couldn't they be at least a little more honest. Seems like the results people are getting, in terms of page-turns, is off by nearly an order of magnitude. I mean, if they had said "1000 page-turns or one week" I still would have bought the thing.

The other thing that is not good is the apparently erratic behaviour many of us seem to be getting from the charging process. This technology is well established, the Kobo hardware is (or should be) long out of beta, so what gives? I realize this might well be a firmware bug, but it still makes me wonder about the batteries themselves.
corona is offline   Reply With Quote