View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #13
FatDog
Witless protection Agent
FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FatDog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I thought of a few more recommendations I would pass along:

Raymond Feist - Has a series of books that start with "Magician: Apprentice". Not as light-hearted as Sookie Stackhouse, but characters that are interesting and grow organically.

Simon R Green - Has a series of darker fantasy books called the Nightside series.

Oh - how could I forget:

Glen Cook has a series of books called the Garret PI series starting with "Sweet Silver Blues". Take Tolken, mix with sam-spade detective novels and you get the idea. Try the first one and see if you like the tone.
FatDog is offline   Reply With Quote