View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 05:56 AM   #7
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Can one create sub-folders in the sync folder and have good things happen (I hope yes)?
I think the answer is no. It's supposed to be a blind dropbox, or a staging area. You put something in there, and its place in your iTunes database is inferred from the metadata, and iTunes moves the file to that database location.

Quote:
Does ITunes delete files from this folder when it syncs them (I hope not)?
Yes, the file is deleted after it is accepted. If it's not accepted (bad or incomplete metadata, bad epub structure) it's moved to an iTunes-managed subfolder 'Not Added'.

Quote:
What happens when the user deletes a file from this folder? I hope that the answer is that the file is removed from the apple device.
If iTunes is not running at the time you drop the file into that folder, you can delete it safely before iTunes runs.
If iTunes is running, it starts processing the file immediately. Not a good idea to delete it in that scenario.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote