View Single Post
Old 05-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #2
Robertb
Astak Director, Bus. Devl
Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Robertb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO
Smile 6 inch info

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmartyPants View Post
hi guys,
there seems to be so much info on Pocket Pro... and not so much on 6" model!
My mum just got it, and of course i will be responsible for setting it up for her.. ahhh the things we do for our parents!

anyway, i was checking the firmware download section on EZ Reader website, and it seems that the latest firmware (with the Coolreader) is only available for PP? Is that right? So no Coolreader on 5" version? Thats a shame as i love it... i actually convert everything to fb2 now.

what is the latest firmware for 6"? would that be the December one?

and in general, what are the major differences i should be aware of between the two versions? Anywhere i can find a comparison chart of some sort (not so much tech/size/weight data, but firmware, formats etc).

thanks heaps to all you helpful souls out there!
Dear Smarty:

There is a new 6 inch firmware upgrade due soon that will provide Coolreader. I am waiting for it to arrive here at Astak.

I believe the latest 6 inch now is December. That will give you the visible clock, 9 font levels in EPUB, a search engine, and hyperlinks.

You can find all the main info on the 6 inch at: www.theEZreader.com/html on the FAQ sheet under "support".

There is also info on my blog (back aways) at: www.robertbEZ.blogspot.com

Thank you. The 6 inch is an exceedingly dependable workhorse she will love.

Be thankful you can do something for your mum. My poor mom has Alzheimers and sees me only as a child of 10 years old. This wounds my heart.

Last edited by Robertb; 05-12-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Robertb is offline   Reply With Quote