View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 02:09 PM   #23
sagiquarion
sagiquarion began at the beginning.

Device: bebook neo, PRS-900 DE
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmueller View Post
Personally, I don't have any problems with the screen of Sony 600.
But BeBook Neo has a WACOM screen = less glare, bigger clarity, better contrast.
Of touchscreen units, ranking of the screen quality:
#1 = BeBook Neo (Onyx Boox) and iRex 800
#2 = Sony 900
#3 = Sony 600
There are others of course. But those are the most recent ones from my batch.

Given the featureset, Sony is most advanced.
I'd say, Sony 900, Sony 600 and BeBook Neo are about even.
iRex 800 for the moment is behind, but the firmware update due in 4 weeks will close the gap.

My personal favorite for the moment is Sony 900. Quite frankly, I don't see any real need for Sony 600 in comparison.
BeBook Neo has great features, but it's less polished than Sony's units.
iRex 800 has the potential to take over the pole position, but we have to see about the firmware update.
Ug. I understand what you're saying about sony being more mature as far as features and usability; but that screen is just awful. I shouldn't have to try to find "the spot" where the screen doesn't bother me. I was really disappointed and I really tried to work with it because the rest of my experience with the 900 was fantastic; especially the dictionary with being able to double tap the word, very nice. I really hope the bebook neo or irex800 is able to replicate this in firmware but I doubt it. I am really freakin close to purchasing the irex800 over the bebook neo but I'm very concerned about getting a device that says it's going to have such and such feature but yet doesn't. I really hope v2 firmware takes care of that; at the very least, dictionary look up is extremely important to me and sony's implementation of that is fantastic...but that screen..bleh.
sagiquarion is offline   Reply With Quote