Originally Posted by orwell2k
This is what works for me:
(1) Open FBReader Config Menu (with book open, bottom right corner of pop-up menu dialog)
(2) Go to 'Rotate' and press 'OK'
(3) Select menu item '180°+FAST prev/next page'
(4) Go to 'Page turn angle' and select your preference (I choose 20°)
(5) Exit Config menu ('back' button to return to book)
(6) Open FBReader menu and choose rotation settings (centre right of pop-up menu dialog)
(7) Press 'OK' - this will choose the centre 'ring' meaning the gyro sensing will be accepted.
(8) Wait until the book 'repaginates' - the status bar will show no page numbering and a book symbol with 3 dots (...) in the lower left corner - once done, the page numbering and % read bar will re-appear.
(9) Rotate the book and the pages should turn!
* To get it going, you may need to do an initial page turn with the buttons, then it should pick up your wrist turns - I don't always need this when I follow the above sequence.
** The app does have a habit of going to sleep after a while, requiring a further use of a button page turn to kick it off again. Also, I have an auto-keypad-lock time set, so after not using buttons for a while my keypad locks on me!... annoyinf but not life-threatening!...
Experiment a little with comfortable positions for holding the book, sensitivity of the turn angle, etc. to suit your needs. Apparently you can set a high turn angle to allow holding the book 'sideways' whilst lying on your side to read (see somewhere above) - I haven't tried this yet but intend to!
Thanks for all that, I was really hoping it would work. I still cannot consistently get it working (even if I rotate my reader 360 degrees physically). Every now and then I can get it to turn to previous pages, but rarely can I get it to go forward. It always seems to get stuck on the page I'm up to.
I have my clock set to update all the time, is there any chance that could be affecting it? That's the only main setting I've changed that I can of that might make a difference.