View Single Post
Old 05-06-2010, 03:13 PM   #110
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Getting back to the list, from before the flash forum bomb exploded...

Please forgive me for quoting my own post which is 5 pages back, to make sense of lifevicarious' reply below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
It might be worth adding that many users would find that a 9.7" screen is too small to read a full A4 or Letter-sized pdf page comfortably without zooming.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifevicarious View Post
What ereader device has a larger screen? I could understand a complaint if a competing device offered it, but no one does.
I raised this as it was one of the frequent comments from users discussing reading on the iPad, and was also a common reason why people were saying they wanted one.

For many people, reading multi-column pdf documents, a larger screen would be required for comfort, so this is well worth pointing out in this list which is intended to help people who are trying to decide whether to buy an iPad.

You're right, they will probably have to wait for a while, for the Skiff, or Que or something else new, but that's not a reason for not reporting that the iPad may not be an appropriate choice for this purpose. Try it before you buy it.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote