View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 06:22 PM   #14
DuncanWatson
Kindle Convert
DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.DuncanWatson goes to eleven.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook (all)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emt View Post
Seems like the site is somewhat disorganized IMHO. How does anyone know that they are downloading the latest files? I'd like to softroot 1.3 but I read here that there are problems with nook library - and the Softdevs doesn't say if they are fixed.

Just an example - not trying to criticize but very difficult for a noob to understand the right way to do this without bricking.

Another example - is softroot light the same as "streamlined" and if so, why not just say this? And why would you use "lite" vs the one w/ADB

Thanks for anyone who can shed some light on this
Each of the latest apps are available from page for each application. The application links are in the upper left hand corner of the main page under the Navigation section.

Some people are intimidated by ADB, I suppose that is why a version without ADB is available to demonstrate that the softroot kit is useful even for those who aren't using ADB. OTOH, at the moment I would only use the ADB version since you need adb to update the various apps until they are rolled into a new softroot release.

So far the apps I wish to update as a user are NookLibrary and nooklauncher.

To install nook library 0.0.9
Code:
adb uninstall com.nookdevs.library
adb install nookLibrary.apk
Make sure to run that from a directory that contains the updated nookLibrary.apk

To install nooklauncher 0.0.6
Code:
adb uninstall com.nookdevs.launcher
adb install nookLauncher.apk
Again make sure to run that from a directory that contains the updated nookLauncher.apk

I hope this helps and this data is on the nookdevs.com wiki as well as in the forums, none of it is my original work. I am just repeating the advice of others.
-Duncan
DuncanWatson is offline   Reply With Quote