View Single Post
Old 04-29-2010, 07:40 AM   #11
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Harry, would you tell us 'why' you prefer it? Or what you think make the newer models better than our fav, the 505? Your information in the past has always been quite accurate and I'd appreciate your views.

Stitchawl
Simply because it offers far more facilities. The Wacom touch screen gives you all the benefits of a touch screen without the loss of image quality that the 600 and 900 suffer from; it has a full folder-based file system, meaning that you can store an effectively unlimited number of books (and doesn't have the "library scan" that effectively limits the book numbers of Sony devices); it has text highlighting, searching, and dictionary lookup (like the 600 and 900), and it has the latest version of the ADE software built in, meaning much better rendering of ePub and PDF files. With its WiFi, and support for the latest Adobe "over the air" delivery, you can buy books from pretty much any ePub bookstore.

Also, unlike Sony, it's receiving frequent firmware updates, and has a development team who are genuinely responsive to user feedback and new feature requests.

I just think it's an all-round better machine. I've had mine for two months now.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote