View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
Martytoof began at the beginning.
Martytoof's Avatar
Posts: 29
Karma: 10
Join Date: Aug 2007
Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Replacement housings from Sony?

Does anyone know whether it is possible to get a replacement housing from Sony, and what the Part number and price would be?

I want to try painting the reader once it gets in, in the vein of the Steampunk reader (great job!), but want my original case as a fallback in case I goof it up.

I imagine Sony has to have stock of replacement parts, it's probably just a matter of finding out how to get them out of the warehouse and at what price

Edit: I'll answer my own question here. Looks like replacement housings are available for the U2, but at $100 a pop I think I'll be leaving my reader stock

Last edited by Martytoof; 08-15-2007 at 05:18 PM.
Martytoof is offline   Reply With Quote