View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 12:27 PM   #10
Joseph Rhea
Author of Cyberdrome
Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Joseph Rhea writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by koland View Post
If you can't get a Kindle (and several other devices that use drm-free mobi/prc) version up, we can probably convert the epub using Calibre. It's just another step.

Also, if you do manage to get all versions there, when Smashwords gets their Amazon feed working, you'll be there via Smashwords (if desired) rather than having to deal with Amazon DTP. So far, though, those with complex formatting and lots of images have had some problems with the mobi format at Smashwords.
Hi Karen,
As I mentioned, the Kindle version available on Amazon is DRM-free (prc format) and looks really good, which is why I didn't bother with the Smashwords (mobi) format and all of the conversion issues. Also, I have no problem with people buying one copy of Cyberdrome and converting it to another format for another device. I don't even care if you treat it like a DTB and give it to a friend when you are finished. What I don't want, obviously, is for it to end up on some public feed and given to the world for free. I think we all know what piracy leads to--DRM encryption. I am happy to be DRM-free and I hope to be able to stay that way.

Links:
Kindle Version at Amazon: Now just $0.99 [DRM-encryption-free!]
Epub version at Smashwords: Now just $0.99 [use coupon code WV76R]
Other versions at www.Cyberdrome.org

Last edited by Joseph Rhea; 04-21-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Joseph Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote