View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 10:59 AM   #1
carchase
Enthusiast
carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.carchase has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Archive Personal Documents?

Hello,

I recently switched from a Sony PRS-505 to a Kindle 2, and for the most part I am very happy. One of the features I really like is the ability to archive books I've bought and have access to them wirelessly later. I've found that having too many books slows down the reader.

Since I've converted all of my old Sony Reader books, I've got quite a few personal documents instead of amazon.com books. I was hoping to get some ideas for archiving my personal documents and then accessing them wirelessly.

I've searched the forums and found a few solutions such as calibre server or a personal website, but I would prefer something cloud-based (i.e. skydrive) so that I don't have to establish a static ip address. I'm open to whatever, but I was just wondering what people have come up with to accomplish this.

I don't think bandwidth usage will be a huge issue, since I really just want to have the books available if needed. I don't see myself actually downloading a bunch daily.

Thanks in advance.
carchase is offline   Reply With Quote