View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 11:12 PM   #8
Debi
Connoisseur
Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Debi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Voyage, Ipad Mini 2, Ipad Air 2
Update....The spinning has stopped.

I ordered a Sony 900. It should be here within a week.

I got the chance to play with a Sony 300 a few days ago and found the largest font size to be readable, so I decided that if the 900 had twice as many font sized I should be able to use it. It was very tempting to bring the 300 home with me but I forced myself to walk away. It's just so darned cute!!!

In preparation I've installed Calibre and downloaded a book from Gutenberg to play with. Sony software will be next.

I do have a few questions. With the touch screen, can/should I use a screen protector? I did a search and have only come up with one from Amazon. What are the pros and cons of a skin? Is a simple cream skin an option? Most of the ones I've seen look like they would be very distracting.

Needless to say I am very excited and a little nervous. I have 3 weeks to decide if I'll keep it or send it back. I keep telling myself if I find I've made a bad decision I can always gift it to my sister for her birthday or Christmas and go with one of the bigger ones when they come out.

Thank you everyone for your advice and suggestions. It has been very helpful.

Wish me luck.
Debi is offline   Reply With Quote