View Single Post
Old 04-18-2010, 04:56 AM   #14
kacir
Wizard
kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kacir ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, before it was Sony Reader, cassiopeia A-20
Good news. "Sheep" and "Sherlock" theme on Mobileread.

I have contacted Kosta from the the-ebook.org theme competition and he allowed me to post his three fantastic themes directly here on mobileread, so you do not need to navigate funny looking Russian speaking file upload site.

The three themes use PocketBook theme support to the extent never seen before.

Covers, for example present the list of the last read books at the main page as a cover view and not as a list view.

Sheeps theme uses absolutely beautiful illustration on the main page as a menu. Just move the "cursor" around and menu items pop out. A sheep reading the book is the "books" menu, the pile of books the sheep is sitting on is "favourites" menu, sheep making marks to the sand with stick (like Robinson Crusoe did) is "calendar" menu.
You have to try this one out!

Sherlock uses graphical menu in form of text in Cyrilics and as you select the menu, the letters rearrange themselves and you see that this is indeed a menu item you have never noticed among jumbled letters.
I will try to make English version, once I figure out link to the Russian repository server where Kosta sent me sources for his theme.

All three themes have defined very interesting views to the library. In one of the Views, you can see 51 books on one screen. No more endless scrolling through your huge "to be read" pile.

Pay attention to the Readme.txt in archive.
You have to put all your books into Books directory, otherwise you will not see your books. This is a feature.

I will try to post sources later, so we can improve or tweak those very, VERY cleverly designed themes.

Thank you Kosta for your themes and for your generous permission!

EDIT:
I have also uploaded sources for themes, so we can learn from the Grand Master himself ;-)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sheeps_Sherlock.zip (447.1 KB, 2043 views)
File Type: zip Covers-S-r3.zip (372.4 KB, 1905 views)
File Type: rar PocketBook themes - CDR files.rar (527.1 KB, 1992 views)
File Type: rar PocketBook themes - Editor.rar (5.68 MB, 2000 views)

Last edited by kacir; 04-18-2010 at 05:39 AM.
kacir is offline   Reply With Quote