View Single Post
Old 04-08-2010, 08:31 AM   #2
DeReader
Connoisseur
DeReader doesn't litterDeReader doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-T1, iRex DR1000S, Kindle DXG, Jetbook Color
Ok, installed, the installation was flawless, copied the "System"-Folder from the firmware ZIP into the root of the device SD-Card, after unplugging from USB the device found the new firmware and asked for a reboot.

On the first start a complete index was done, I have a lot of PDF-Documents on the reader so the initial indexing took some minutes.

The new functions have to be activated in the "Advanced Settings" Menu, there are:

- Enable zoom for PDF documents
- Enable writing on PDF documents
- Enable folder-based access to your content
- Enable thumbnail generation when indexing your content

I turned on all options. In the Home-Menu there's also a new "note-taking" application, this works fine with the stylus, albeit the response is a bit slow, so writing does not feel that natural, but it works.

Writing on PDF also works fine, the response is the same as in the note-taking application. You have to select the "write-mode" in the main-menu of the open PDF document, there are also options for pen style and erasing.

Zooming also works now, you have the option to zoom to a selected area, this area is kept for the whole Document, similar to the Iliad. Also panning of the zoomed content is possible.

Zooming is also selected via the menu of the document in a sub-menu. Here I would like to have direct-access icons in the statusbar of the documents for zooming, unzooming and panning.

So, these are only my first impressions, more to follow.

I would like to thank iRex that they have listened to the customers and added the much wanted features zoom and annotation!
DeReader is offline   Reply With Quote