View Single Post
Old 04-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #13
juardo
juardo began at the beginning.

Device: jetbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by syrex314 View Post
juardo,

I have found that for centering the column, equations, or figures when zoomed, the Jetbook does have an almost-continuous scroll option. If you hold down one of the scroll keys for a second or so, you will find the reader scrolls in much smaller increments than if the key is just pressed once.
Thanks, that's great news!

Quote:
Ken's suggestion of holding the OK button to go into split mode is also very helpful in getting an entire column to fit the width of the screen.
Yes, the four segment grid is very useful for 2-column documents.

Quote:
I agree that the lack of continuous zoom is disappointing. At least a few more zoom levels would be nice. I wonder of there's a way to hack the firmware update and replace the 1600%, 3600%, and 6400% zoom levels with more useful values.
I hope that they have added continuous zoom level to the new firmware. I haven't had the chance to check it out yet.

Quote:
Since a lot of technical documents contain images, or are just a series of scanned images, you can't just convert them to text or use Calibre. The only option is to convert the pages one-by-one to images, edit them, and convert back. A method like this might work:
http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/pdf2gimp2pdf.htm

Thanks, I'll try it out. I used pdfcreator to change the page size, but the JBL ignored the scaling.

Cheers,
juardo is offline   Reply With Quote