View Single Post
Old 03-31-2010, 11:26 AM   #15
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlenas View Post
That I could use my Toronto library card to download books from any of the libraries using the Overdrive system.

But no, I can't. I can access their catalogues and drool over all the books we don't have here but that's all. Looks like you can only download books from your local library system for now.

Ah, well.
It really comes down to who is paying for the books. In the US most libraries are funded by local county level taxes. The question for the library is why let people who didn't fund the library get the benefits. It some cases the libraries are funded by state level funds and then they are accessible to people throughout the state. Some libraries will allow non-residence by charging a fee. See the wiki for more details EBook Lending Libraries

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote