View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 11:17 AM   #20
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by larkki View Post
Good ideas people! I was thinking about something along these lines as well.
But do you know any commercial or open source solution which would provide epub watermarking? Or companies who are working on such technology? I'm doing my master's thesis on the subject so that's why I'm curious.
One of the problems is that if you tell everyone how you did it then it compromises the security of the method. This is why there is no public domain DRM schemes. Many of the proposed solutions in this thread were open source but they depend on the end user not knowing what the originator did. Obscurity is essential unless you are just putting a real watermark in the document like a background image on every page or including the users name at the top of every page.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote