View Single Post
Old 03-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #25
bookfanmd
Addict
bookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura aboutbookfanmd has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony 300/505/T1 Nook STWG Kobo Glo Kobo Aura HD KDX iPad1 K3 KT PW2
I've been reading a few ebooks on PC's for the last few years but as far as actual ereaders:
* Sony 505 - Red
* Kindle 2 - wanted access to all the freebies that are put out for the Kindle. It has many nice features but I prefer the Sony.
* Astak Pocket Pro - Just got caught up in the excitement when it was first released. A nice little reader but I prefer the Sony.
* Another Sony 505 - Silver - was having trouble with the first one and felt I needed a spare because it was my favorite to use and they were no longer in production.
* Sony 300 - Rose - it's just so cute
* Sony 600 - wanted to try it out in case the 505's broke and I couldn't replace them
* Another Sony 505 - Blue - I wasn't crazy about the 600 and thought I should get another spare 505
* Another Sony 505 - Red - I really didn't like the blue color and the red one just makes me happy to use because it's so beautiful.
* eBookwise 1150 - bought one for my Dad for Christmas when they were $89 and figured I needed to have one because I'm tech support for him. I really like this reader but really wish it would accept epub and SD cards. It's perfect for reading in bed but the format flexibility and book capacity is a definite drawback.
* Ipod Touch - I didn't buy this as a reader but now use Stanza on it and Calibre to load books. I love the Touch, it fits in my pocket and is really handy to use when I just have a few minutes to read. If I'd known how nice it was I'd have skipped the Kindle 2 and got a Touch initially.
* Delstar OpenBook - I wanted something that had epub to use for reading in bed. This one is going back ASAP.

So, 11 reader devices since May 2009. I realize this is ridiculous. The Delstar is being returned and I definitely plan to sell the blue Sony 505 and the Sony 600 and possibly the Kindle and Pocket Pro. Overall my favorite reader is a Sony 505. I am really starting to want an Ipad though. If Stanza will work on a bigger scale like it does for the Touch I would really want one of these for reading in bed as even with a book light I have trouble with an e-ink reader. I'm going to wait until I read some good reviews on this site though, no matter how cool it is.
bookfanmd is offline   Reply With Quote