View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 05:37 PM   #34
Hadrien
Feedbooks.com Co-Founder
Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.Hadrien understands the importance of being earnest.

Device: Sony PRS-t-1/350/300/500/505/600/700, Nexus S, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
No: You have the book data stored on the central device, in a universal format. The screen carries the software required to translate the stored data into its own display format, and no more. This leaves your display options free of your central device, and almost infinitely changeable!

(My patent filing is in the mail!)
Don't fill any patent: I've seen people mentioning this idea dozens of time already (for example the video where an iPod is used as the storage, with multiple screen-docks for it, transforming the iPod into a reading device).

Once again, that's software/hardware designer hell, and I'm against the whole idea being an engineer myself.
Hardware is not as flexible as software, and this idea fall in the same category than the "one device to rule them all" category. One very short example (there's dozens of them): you don't design your UI the same way if your refresh time is a full second or a few ms.
Hadrien is offline   Reply With Quote