View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 08:19 AM   #3
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I should have said "..an American Lit. class."

...to actually be specific. I was referring to English as a language, rather than as a type of literature referring to Great Britain.

Washington Irving's story is actually about a man named Ichabod Crane. (Irving also wrote the short story, "Rip Van Winkle.")

Anyway, Ichabod later on the story is pursued by the Headless Horseman, so it's a kind of ghost story. I remember having read this as a kid and also seeing adaptations and being scared and fascinated at the same time.

Washington Irving is one our treasures here in the USA. He was an early writer of fiction here.

Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I'm ashamed to admit that I've never heard of it. Perhaps it's an American lit. thing?
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote