View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 09:26 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
I'm never had anything happen to mine...

...but then, I try not to sit on it.

I agree that the Reader seems very robust (at least, with my experience).

I carry it with me to Border's (where I bought it), and I'm always reading from it.

I read it everywhere. However, I have yet to drop it.

I've had 3 spontaneous resets, but everything was exactly the same afterwards. I've charged it about 8 times (or maybe it was 7) since I bought it toward end of the December of last year.

I don't buy warranties as I, too, see them as somewhat overpriced.

I keep wondering if Sony built it too well. That strikes me as a design flaw, to build something to last. They do have control of the "battery situation," so maybe they'll burn us all Big Time when it comes time to change batteries.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote