View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 11:51 AM   #361
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
> also, I was wondering which script to use theres so many of them, and
> what version of python? I downloaded both for mac, but the site
> recommended
> the 2.6.4... not the 3.....
> and when u write the stuff in the python thing do I put spaces? like

If you are on a Mac you already have python (it comes already installed on Mac OS X) installed and do not need to do anything from that perspective.

Next, your best bet is to go do a google search for "Apprentice Alf Blog" and read it as well as look for a link to a specific set of "tools".

Grab version 1.5 of that set of "tools", and unzip it (simply double-click in Mac OSX or run the unzip command in Terminal).

Inside are graphical user interface tools along with the other scripts you might need. You open the folder for the type of book you would like to work with, and double click on the specific *.pyw program you want inside and they will prompt you for the information needed and will run the command line scripts for you.

If you run into trouble, you can ask either on the aforementioned blog or do a google search for "Reverser New Blog" and ask your questions there.

On this forum, you are not supposed to ask for help with these things and we are not allowed help you by posting detailed instructions or to post direct links to the tools that work with files of this type.

Hope this answers some of your questions.

KevinH
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote