View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 03:42 PM   #13
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
That said, I'd also enjoy being able to select 2+ books in Calibre that are the same book, just different formats (it happens) and merge them all under one title heading.
Yes, merger of existing records is something I'd very much like to have, too. It's on my personal list to do if no one does it first. I've been slowly ramping up the difficulty of the projects I attempt. Let's see if the current one makes the grade, and if so, I may attempt merger next. This project has made me familiar with most of the code I'd need to change and I think I'm getting close to the required skill level.

I like the way the code described above works, but it does rely on exact author matches. So Arthur Clarke is a different author from Arthur C Clarke, who is different from Arthur C. Clarke. It was too risky to try to automatically do fuzzy matches on both author and title. That means you still need some manual cleanup of bulk adds, and record merger would make that cleanup much easier.

I'm thinking you'd select the surviving record first, then the other records you want to merge into it, right click, select merge and they'd all get merged into the first selected record. Sound about right to you?
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote