View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 09:23 PM   #28
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Well folks it indeed IS a legitimate offer. I apllied for a credit card for my wife on saturday.. Talked to a few people.. They were a little vague on details.. They UPS'd us our card at my wifes insistence and we recieved the sony card today...

Today she spent about an hour online and on the cellphone with a representative in order to make sure she got the 49 dollar deal... Long story short.. She Did! Heres the details...

After you get your card.. Go here...

http://www.sonyrewards.com/en/home/sonycard/

Then create a user account etc with passord etc.

Then.. Apparently their website isn't comnpleetey set up to do the 49 dollar deal yet (which incidentally will last until January 2008!!) so you have to get a human being on the phone.. at 1866 556 7669... Explain etc... Then that human being can make the 49 dollar deal happen by adding reward ponts to your card since you only get 25 points for signing up and you need 50 to buy something on special.. (Or some such baloney)

ANYHOW.. The human being knew about the deal and was a little puzzled why their own website was not letting my wife even sign on (Without adding points first) and wasnt automatically giving her the 49 dollar deal on the website... He did say they were going to try and fix the website ... Anyhow this human added points to our account (You have to have 50 to use the redeem points feature..) until we got the reader for 49 dollars.. However.. Our account showed that we were charged 159.25 but he promised her that that would be adjusted automatically since there was a code attatched to our card that said we get the reader for 49 bucks as promised... (He saw the 'code' on his end so I can only assume that the card when you are approved has an internal attatchment to this deal...)

Now.. If they.. And I can only assume they will.. Fix the website all you have to do is go in and click on REDEEM points.. And it will be all in there...

My advice?

Get ahold of a human to walk you through the process at the phone number listed above...

Anyhow...

Can I say WWWWOOOHHHHOOOOOO!!!!! at the expense of our long suffering foriegn members who cant get this deal since they dont live in the good ole YEW ESS AAYY!
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote