View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 08:11 AM   #70
Lo Zeno
Addict
Lo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura aboutLo Zeno has a spectacular aura about

Device: Hanlin V3 (with lBook firmware & OpenInkPot)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbone View Post
The iPad is not a PC tablet, and yes there are some beautiful Tablet PC's coming out. I fully understand that if someone needs a tablet, then the iPad may not be for them.
That's funny because that's what Apple is calling it: a tablet.

But even if you don't call it a tablet... it's still sold as a portable multimedia device.

Let me stress these three words: Portable, multimedia, and device.
It surely is a device and its multimediality is undisputed. It's the portability that's still lacking something.
If the best environment to use your iPad is at home, I'd say that it's poorly designed, because it would just be a simple replica of what your home PC / Mac already does. Do you usually pay twice to do the same thing?

Jobs stressed a lot the word portable (that's why the battery duration is shown as one of its key features), but as I pointed out above it's not as portable as they say.
It's worth repeating though: the first iPhone was just a cute toy, it lacked a lot of functionalities that other smartphones already had; only the iPhone 3G can really be called a complete product, and it actually outsold everything else. So, I expect the iPad to go through the same evolution: it's 3G, or 4G or whatever version will be perfect. Apple always does it this way, the first version of the product lacks something but they sell it to create hype.
Lo Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote