View Single Post
Old 02-09-2010, 03:50 AM   #67
LDBoblo
Wizard
LDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverLDBoblo exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonbone View Post
That is what I think (IMHO) people with no iTunes/iPod/iPhone experience don't understand. It is not necessary to load your whole life on the iPad. Everything is in your iTunes and you just sync what you need.
This can be true for some people, but not everyone. If everything is in my iTunes, why can't I just take my iTunes with me? An MP3 player is almost always a dependent device, but something as large and versatile as a tablet should not be wholly dependent on synchronizing with a base computer every time you want to change content.

With paper books, your whole library can be in your home. Just take the book or two you plan to read when you go out. You don't need to have choices outside, since you choose your material before you leave the library. That doesn't satisfy most ebook proponents, who often justify expensive device purchases and extreme quality tradeoffs for the simple convenience of bringing their libraries with them.

Also, many people have plenty of experience with Apple products like iTunes, and understand perfectly well the "just sync it" mentality some users have bought into, but that does not mean they agree with it.

Last edited by LDBoblo; 02-09-2010 at 03:53 AM.
LDBoblo is offline   Reply With Quote